Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Have 2003 Mitisbushi eclipse ,has a new fuel pump ,fuel

Customer Question

Have 2003 Mitisbushi eclipse ,has a new fuel pump ,fuel pressure regulator,fuel filter ,but won't.acts like it wants to start but won't,not putting my foot on accelerator,smell gas under the hood,but not like a leak
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you had the fuel pressure tested recently?
Customer: 180,000 no
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: It was running great and runs great when I get it started,new fuel pump,fuel pressure regulator,fuel relay
JA: Is there anything else the Mitsubishi Mechanic should be aware of about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: Has been sitting for a couple of months,but it was running great yesterday,just replaced both cv axles,cv joints,rotors,calipers,brakes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.

If you remove the oil cap and look inside the fill hole while a helper cranks the engine, can you see movement inside the head?