Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

What is the p1506 error code : 120,000km : no problem other

Customer Question

what is the p1506 error code
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 120,000km
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: no problem other than engine light comes on.only getting error code p1506
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yas depending on problem
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just looking for code error to start checking items
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mitsubishi Mechanic should know about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2007 endeavor, runs great
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 8 months ago.

This fault is normally associated with an issue in the throttle body, like sticking open slightly etc.
You aren't having any drivability issues at all correct?

Did anything noteworthy happen prior to this condition forming (like recent repairs or maintenance etc)?

Expert:  Doug replied 8 months ago.

It looks like we missed each other.
I am attaching the factory diagnostic instruction for this fault to aid you/shop in diagnosing the issue.

Personally, I would first clear the code and see if it comes back, as these idle speed faults are somewhat common to pop up due to circumstantial conditions and not necessarily be an indication of a failure and more just coincidence/luck.
If the code returns, then if there were no recent repairs/maintenance I would give the throttle body a thorough inside cleaning to make sure it isn't sticking at all and has absolutely zero dirt inside it. This accounts for 99% of the instances of this code.

If there were recent repairs, I would go over them thoroughly to make sure there are no vacuum leaks or hoses left detached/connected wrong/etc.

Having no success after any of that, then I would proceed to live data logging to see if there is perhaps an issue with the MAF sensor etc.
It is unlikely to go that far though.... it is usually just a dirty throttle body the vast majority of the time.