peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

No sound stereo turns on : The infinity stereo was playing a

Customer Question

No sound stereo turns on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The infinity stereo was playing a cd then no sound on stereo and cd player help !
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing looking for where to start
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 174635 miles battery is about 1.5 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mitsubishi Mechanic should know about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: No i dont think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please give me diagrams with the answer so i can doo repair exactly correct thankyou
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How will i know when my answers are ready ?
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

On many models when the radio turns on and operates but you have no sound at all this is usually due to an internal electrical fault in the sound amplifier itself needing replaced.I have had to replace several sound amplifiers in the past before for this issue here.If you can post the year and model as well as engine size this will help for any testing.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete