peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

My eclipse spyder 03 automatic starts but whatever gear you

Customer Question

My eclipse spyder 03 automatic starts but whatever gear you put in the car doesn't move. The RPMS go up but still the car doesn't move. We thought it was a sensor but the tech at autozone said it was the transmission fliter not building pressure to spray brake cleaner and it should work. Im.just really hoping it's not the transmission
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If simple yes if not hire someone but I just hired a mechanic to help with another car for my clutch for 500 bucks and he did a half ass job. Just don't want to be taken again.
JA: Is there anything else the Mitsubishi Mechanic should be aware of about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: The check engine light came and went but every time we took it to see what codes it would be we got the same answer nothing to worry about because the machine doesn't read it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

This can be due to an internal transmission mechanical fault or an issue with the transmission fluid pump or possibly a pressure control/regulating solenoid in the transmission needing replaced.You will need to have this checked/tested further to help locate which is the cause here and from there repaired to correct this fault.This is best done by a dealer or transmission repair facility that has the experience with this transmission to locate and repair this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete