Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I has the car not agarres forma Day and a half . It seems

Customer Question

I has the car not agarres forma Day and a half . It seems that a door remained opened. When I tried to star the suv it didn't started. Tried to jump it. Didn't work. Put a different battery form a friend, it didn't started. Whay may be happening?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried to jump it. Did not work
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mitsubishi Mechanic should know about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: I putted a different battery from a friend, did not started either
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: The internal system seems to work: radio, horn, lights. It just doesn't starts
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 6 months ago.

If you are getting no response at all from the starter when you turn the key your primary suspects are going to be:

Battery

Starter

Cable/terminal connections

Ignition switch

I know you already tried another battery, but I would probably want to try hooking up a charger for an hour or so just to be sure there is no issue there.

Otherwise you will need to have a shop check for power signal at the starter (on the small wire) when the key is turned. If there is 12V signal there when the key is turned, the battery is assumed good, and the cables/terminals are all tight, then that would only leave the starter to be at fault.

If however there is not a 12V signal when the key is turned, then we woudl have an issue with the control circuit... meaning ignition switch, neutral safety switch, and wiring in between them and the starter. You didn't mention the year/model, but it is worth noting that Mitsubishis specifically from mid 90's through late 2000's were very common to have the ignition switches fail, resulting in the interior amenities all working fine, but when you go to turn the key to Start there is no response.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a Mitsubishi Outlander 2009
Expert:  Doug replied 6 months ago.

Thanks. That adds a few variables.

Have the signal wire checked to see if there is signal to the starter when the key is turned. If there is, then all the above still applies.

If there is not, then in this instance it adds the variable of a possible key-related issue. On this model the key security system prevents the starter from operating at all when triggered. In this instance, a trip to the dealer is the only resolution, as there is no way to diagnose or repair the immobilizer system without the factory scan tool.

The signal needs to be checked first though before anything.