Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Auto Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs. experience diagnostics & repair of all makes/models.

Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2 on 2015 Mitsbushi

Customer Question

Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2 on 2015 Mitsbushi Outlander with only 14,000 miles
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.

Do you happen to have the actual "p-code" associated with this? (Usually just to the left of the description)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.

Great, thanks!

Is this the 4-cylinder or 6-cylinder engine?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.

Ok. This code is pointing to a problem with the "downstream" Oxygen Sensor. This can be an internal problem with the sensor or a problem in the wiring to the sensor. This sensor is located under the vehicle, mounted to the exhaust pipe. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, the sensor will need to be replaced. With only 14,000 miles on the vehicle, this sensor really shouldn't need to be replaced yet. Very well could be a defective sensor if the wiring checks ok. I'd recommend checking with your warranty as this very well should be covered! For an image location view of the sensor, click here:

If my answer has helped you, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and I wanted to check in and see if there were any other questions you had on this issue?