peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

I have 2015, Outlander Sport, with 14,000 and check engine

Customer Question

I have 2015, Outlander Sport, with 14,000 and check engine soon light came on. The code is a P0137. I don't understand how a car with so low miles now have this problem
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: I did it came up P0137 Sensor Bank something, The car has 14,877 files.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, I was wondering why such code would come on with low miles. Could be the fuel was low and the engine light need to be reset? And can I still it drive although the light is on?
JA: OK! The Mitsubishi Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Mitsubishi Mechanic should be aware of about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: Will the warranty take care of it its a 2015, with 14k miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Check Engine light came on. Code P0137 Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

In some cases the factory can install a faulty oxygen sensor that can fail soon after it is installed like this here.I dont see this a fuel issue so soon unless you ran the vehicle out of fuel completely then the code would need set and in this case this is all that would need done to correct this here.But if running out of fuel never occurred then most likely this sensor needs replaced and a dealer will replace it under warranty for you at no charge.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I almost ran out of fuel, so I probably need to reset it.

Most likely the low fuel caused it then.All that is needed is to have the fault code cleared out with a scan tool.Then drive it and if it does come back on after a couple of weeks you are o.k.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete