peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

No a/c fans will JA: Sometimes things that you think will

Customer Question

No a/c fans will
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Fans will no turn on when a/c is turned on.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Is there anything else the Mitsubishi Mechanic should be aware of about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: It s a 2002 galant.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Is the engine over heating at all and do the fans come on at all when the engine heats up?Is the ac working at all and blowing cold air?Let me know,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eng. not over heating no cold air .
O.k.,if your freon is low in your ac system this will cause the fans to not kick on as there are no ac pressures or high enough pressures.The fan kicks on to cool the ac condensor when the ac pressures are rising.Usually what causes this is low on freon in the ac system due to a leak needing located and repaired and the freon refilled.I would have the ac system tested to see if a leak is found and then the leak repaired and freon refilled. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information AL.
Your welcome. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete