Mike V.
Mike V., Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models. Nissan and Subaru factory trained.
2921078

My 2001 eclipse spyder just died and now it will not start JA:

Customer Question

my 2001 eclipse spyder just died and now it will not start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: that is it, my car will not start. everything was fine til it stalled
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if I can
JA: Is there anything else the Mitsubishi Mechanic should be aware of about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,How many miles on the car?Which engine is in it and what have you done so far to try and resolve the problem?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
106.000 miles it is automatic and the car just stalled an hour ago
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
OkThe first thing to check is to see if the timing belt broke. The quickest method is to remove the oil fill cap and see if the cams are turning as you crank the engine. If not, then don't crank it anymore as it can cause damage to the engine. If the engine isn't cranking at all, then it's likely a charging system issue, but when you have a crank no start with this many miles, it's the first place to look.Please check this and let me know.Thank you.