Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the AUtomotive repair Business
7276279

PearlJA: Sometimes things that you think will be really

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: My 2003 Mit. Diamante a/c blend doors are not working. They seem stuck in one position.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I select the air outlet to direct air out of the dash outlets, it does not change. The air outlet is very weak even at the max fan setting.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: The blower seems to be working fine as I can hear it working as I select increasing speeds.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Yes, I had the a/c system fixed about 4 months ago. New compressor and other components were changed. That's about it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Mitsubishi has released a service bulletin dealing with the type of problem you are describing that deals with a broken blend door linkage as well as the needed repair if in fact this is the problem you are having. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it..https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/AC%20flow%20May%2014.pdf
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Ron, I'll have a look at that bulletin.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I had a look and understand the procedure. The symptom is exactly what my car is doing. The time allowed is only 0.5 hrs. My shop wants to remove the dash and said it will take 6-7 hours. Am I missing something here?
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
According to the service bulletin it dose not require removing the dash and should be able to be accessed in place.