Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

Which hose has the restrictor ring on a 2003 eclipse egr system

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Replaced egr solenoid valve is new removed manifold no build up now looking to see if restrictor ring is the problem
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Everything except checking the restrictor ring
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mitsubishi Mechanic should know about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.
Hi,The restrictor hose will be the one with the white stripe on it. It is the only white striped hose on the EGR circuit. Once removed you will be able to feel the restrictor inside the hose as well, about half way through. The restrictor is a silver ball about the size of a BB with a tiny orifice drilled through it.To test if it is the problem, just replace the hose with a standard non-restrictor hose temporarily and see if you no longer get the insufficient flow fault. If the fault goes away, the restrictor was the issue. Just looking through it is not sufficient, as you can see light through it and have it still be too clogged to prevent the flow fault from occurring.