Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

If the tcl light is on will it rum battery down JA: The mechanics

Customer Question

If the tcl light is on will it rum battery down
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Mitsubishi Mechanic to figure that out. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well it runs fine when I turn the car off to restart it has to be jumped either my jump box or cables
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checking all wires
JA: Is there anything else the Mitsubishi Mechanic should be aware of about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: That seems to be the only problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Main reason battery going down
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.
Hi,The TCL light in itself will not normally be anything that runs the battery down. It is just indicating that there is some sort of issue with the ABS/traction system.When you jump start the vehicle it always runs fine right? When you shut it back down, does it immediately need a jump start again, or only after sitting a while?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Immediately it's like battery's not chareing but alterner works
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.
Thanks.That would definitely not be anything with the TCL or any sort of parasitic draw etc... anything like that would take time sitting to cause it to need a jump again.To have it immediately require a jump will really only be either a battery, alternator, or cable issue.Do you know what the exact charging voltage is while running and while running with loads on (AC on high, high beams on)?Have you had the battery charged and load tested, and if so what was the resulting amp reading?