Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

How can I take the expansion valve of without taking the dash

Customer Question

How can I take the expansion valve of without taking the dash out
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have got the outer part off but can't the expansion valve off. What size is the hex tool
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: 3/16 hex but it is so far up in there i can't see
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mitsubishi Mechanic should know about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 9 months ago.
Hi,That depends on the vehicle, as there are some that you don't have a choice and require partial or even full dash removal to be able to access.What year/model/engine vehicle is this?