Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Mitsubishi: I NEED TO REPLACE THE KNUCKLEON A 2002 MOTERO SPORTSERIAL

Customer Question

I NEED TO REPLACE THE KNUCKLEON A 2002 MOTERO SPORTSERIAL NUMBERJ027251WHERE CAN ORDER ONE ONLINE AND WHAT DO I ASKFORTHANKS
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 7 months ago.
Hi,Do you have the full VIN available?Which knuckle is it you need to replace?
Expert:  Doug replied 7 months ago.
I'm assuming you are going to be a 2J027251 for the full serial number on your VIN. If that is the case the front knuckles are part numbers MR113894 (Left) and MR113895 (Right).When asking for these used, it is usually better to refer to them as spindles.... they are sometimes more often referred to as spindles than knuckles, though either is appropriate.If you want to buy new, you can order online from Mentor Mitsubishi for 25% off MSRP, however they are still pricey new... about $285 each even after the discount.If you can source them used, they are more often in the $40-100 range however. You can use any Montero Sport 4WD front knuckles... though the part numbers did change over the years, they all supersede to the same part from 1997-2003, so any will work. You just need to be sure they are from a Sport model (full size Montero is not the same, and junkyards/salvage are real common to mix these up) and of course that they are from a 4WD as the 2WD is different. You just need to be cautious when going with older models to make sure they have ABS... the very early non-ABS units did not have the provision for the ABS sensor which you would need. Again this is very unlikely you would run across one of those since nearly all 4WD have ABS anyway.