Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

96 eclipse rs. 2.0 nonturbo. Where is the fuel pump relay module?

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The fuel pump is not coming on. Neither is the fuel pump. They have no power to them. Ive replaced relays and fuses and checked them all.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked the fuses checked wires and relays.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mitsubishi Mechanic should know about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: It was running and it suddenly shut off because of no fuel. It'll run on eather
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 7 months ago.
Hi,Can you clarify what it is you are looking for? Is it just the fuel pump relay, or is this a Spyder and you are looking for the fuel pump control module, or something else entirely?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is the spyder the only ones that have a fuel pump control module? Is a RS fwd automatic coupe
Expert:  Doug replied 7 months ago.
Yes, only the Spyder uses the separate fuel pump control module. Hard tops do not have one.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay what else would cause the fuel pump not to have any power running to it?
Expert:  Doug replied 7 months ago.
I would start at the relay.... it is on the firewall (there will be a fuel pump relay, ASD relay and either a back up lamp or EATX relay depending on which transmission you have).Check to see if there is 12V on the red/black and black/white wires going to the relay first. If there is not, check your fuses/links and double check your wiring.If there is 12V on those two wires, check for ground on the white/red wire while cranking. If there is no ground there, then check your fuses and check engine light for operation, as that ground is from the ecu.If there is ground there, check for 12V on the black/blue wire. If there is no voltage there while cranking and the above two inspections were OK, then the relay is bad. If there is voltage on the black/blue wire while cranking, then there is either a wiring problem between the relay and the pump, or a pump problem in itself.In order for the relay to get turned on, you need of course all your fuses intact, a good ecu and a good crank position sensor signal (to tell the ecu to activate the relay).