Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

And the 30a abs is high on the amo Amp because

Customer Question

***** ***** And the 30a abs is high on the amo Amp because it drains my battery
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just bought a multimeter and start checking the fuses and the 30A ABS is the problem
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mitsubishi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.
Hi,What kind of vehicle is this? What is the exact condition you are facing?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1996 galant
All the time i gived a jump and next morning is dead
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It got new battery,alternator and starter
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Any solutions??
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** is a 96 Galant with constantly dying battery. You mentioned pulling the ABS fusible link appears to resolve the issue.... was this verified just by seeing if it starts the next day, or by actually measuring the parasitic draw with the fuse installed versus removed?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
With the parasitic draw
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.
Great. Just to be sure we are on the same page, please tell me which number in my chart attached is the one that shows the relief from the draw.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.
Thanks. That is not the ABS link, but rather the window/locks link.With the car off and the link installed, are you able to operate the windows at all?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yea you right i read the wrong name on the fuse
And yes the driver window and one on the rear i dont remember witch one
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.
No problem.Definitely don't want to be able to operate the windows with the key off! So we are a bit closer.It is highly likely we are going to have a faulty master window switch here. On this model they incorporated the window relays inside the master switch rather than having them external... and I'd bet one of them is staying stuck on.Lets reinstall the link and measure your draw again, then pull the master switch out and unplug it and measure the draw again.... tell me if you see it drop to normal range again.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yeah from 10.80 went down to .34
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.
The link you were seeing the draw on only powers the windows, locks, sunroof and radio antenna.... so we knew it would be one of those. The windows retaining power was the big flag... the master switch has constant power from that link normally anyway, but internally it uses an integrated circuit in the master switch to distribute power when a second ignition feed is provided. The only thing we need to check to confirm it 100% is to unplug the master switch and check for voltage on pin 1 (gray wire) and see if there is voltage there with the key OFF. Let me know what you see.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.
Alright... that is about the one thing that could exclude the master switch for being the source; if you are seeing 13V there that is what is keeping the switch active.Just to be clear, on pin 1/gray wire you are definitely seeing 13V (scale is correct, looks the same when you read across the battery terminals for example), and the ignition switch key is turned off?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.
Thanks. That means the ignition switch IG2 output is live even with the key off. Please go to the in dash fuse panel and check to see if there is voltage present on 15 (10A) using the attached chart.
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.
Key should still be off, of course.
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.
I am going to be leaving for the night but can get to the point based on your results either way.Again the window circuit is staying alive due to the ignition power in being retained on the harness when unplugged. This means either the IG2 output of the ignition switch is staying on or there is a wiring fault causing voltage to bleed over.If the other fuse I indicated (which is also IG2 powered) does not have voltage with the key off (as it should not), then there is a wiring fault somewhere passing voltage to the pin 1 master switch wire and wire tracing will be in order.If the other fuse does have power with the key off, then we can conclude the ignition switch is faulty, powering the IG2 output at all times. In that case, a replacement ignition switch is in order.Once that is corrected, you should see the master switch drain go away if it is no longer seeing the IG2 switched power. If there is still erroneous behavior there then you may consider replacing the master switch too... most likely once the signal to turn on in error is removed it should be back to business as usual.I will be in tomorrow if we need to discuss this more, just reply back here and it will re-open the question and notify me.