Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Mitsubishi Lancer: I have a 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer 5 speed

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer 5 speed manual. The AC light in the dash will not turn on when push or when turn the temperature knob to max AC. The other defroster and recycle do turn on when touch. The AC compressor does not engage ever. There is pressure from freeon from the system. I can not find the AC relay in the fuse box under the hood to check. What could go wrong
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hi Phong,How cold was the A/C when it was last working?If the system pressure is lower than it should be because of a small leak, the system will not operate.Do not bridge the A/C relay, as the compressor will work, and you will damage the compressor.I would recommend you take the car to an Air conditioning repair shop for inspection.Gary
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Leak check was done when compressor was replaced there were no leak. Can you tell me where the relay is so I can check if the relay is on. Could it be the controller, if that is the case how can I check?
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hi Phong,The relay will be in the underbonnet fusebox near the battery.With the engine running, if you feel the relay as the switch is operated, if you feel nothing, remove the relay and bridge 87 to 30 in the relay socket.Start the engine, the compressor should be on, but don't leave it on.How long ago was the compressor replaced, and why?It could still be one of many things.Gary
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I check the fusebox near the battery. The AC relay mark on the cover trace to an empty hole. There are not even metal pins underneath. It is like it is never meant to be there. Can you show me a picture of where it is supposed to be.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The AC relay letter marker are E and F both trace to empty slots.
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hi Phong,I will open your question to another tech.Sorry I can't help you any further.You don't need to respond as it will come back to me.Another tech will be with you soon.All the best.Gary
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. The other tech opted out, would you like me to try and help?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Chris,
I'd like to know where to locate the AC relay and testing procedure to determine what is wrong with AC not cold. Please read all my question and information above
Below is a link to your AC circuit diagram. AC compressor relay is in the fuse box under the hood.Do you understand wire testing using a test light or volt meter? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** box under the hood does not have the AC relay as mention in my previous message. I do know how to use volt meter to test out.
Sorry I will not be able to help if you can not find the AC relay. I will opt out and let another try to help you.