Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

Mitsubishi Eclipse: I have a 2000 Mitsubishi eclipse RS and

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Mitsubishi eclipse RS and there seems robbed a problem with my right head lamp low beam. The high beam works fine, and I have taken the bulb out and placed it in the left head lamp assembly and it works fine. I checked the fuses and they appear to be OK. The rely switches click when I turn the light in and off. I replaced the right head lamp bulb plug in, but the low beam still will not work. Don't know if I has any connection to it, but the horn kept going off in it own and eventually burned out. The low beam stopped working around the same time. Possibly a loss wire is grounded or something, I'm not sure. Any help would be fine.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Matt C. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I would like to see if I could help you figure out what is going on with these lights. First thing I will need you to do is to unplug the connector for the right head light bulb, with the headlight switch on, check to see if you have 12v+ on the white/red wire. Use a voltmeter for this, not a test light. Check that and let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't own a voltmeter. I could run up to town to advance and buy one. If it 100% needed
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Went and checked all the wires on the head lamp plug and fuses for them. Fuses are both getting power for the high and low beams, but the low beam isn't getting power from the lamp plug end of the wires. Maybe a burned out wire?
Expert:  Matt C. replied 6 months ago.
You will need a voltmeter to check for this problem. The problem you are describing is typically caused by low power coming into the headlamp or a faulty ground. Neither one of those would be able to be checked properly with a regular test light.