Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30+ years practical experience in all types of repair and trouble shooting on Mitu's

In the past, you have advised me on maintaining my

Customer Question

Hello. In the past, you have advised me on maintaining my 2004 Mitsubishi Montero Sport. In the fall of 2015, you advised me that it was probably time for my A/C compressor to be replaced. I went to my usual shop to make preparations for bringing my vehicle in. The service advisor suggested that it would be less expensive to provide the part myself. If they provided the part, it would likely cost double of what it would to provide it myself, but they cannot guarantee that part. I Googled it and saw that the cost of one ranges from the mid hundreds to low three hundreds. So I wanted to ask for your recommendations.Thank you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating..Although the factory price on the compressor is around $695, they are available after market for less and are just as good. You won't want to get the absolute cheapest available but surely not a $700, (plus tax) part..Any good brand that comes with a warranty. It is good if you can get one from a local parts store, in case it has to be returned any any time. I personally got one from EBay and it has been good for a few years so far..I run the factory part number on EBay and find an exact fit that comes with at least a 1 year warranty, free shipping, no tax. On yours, I would say a little over $200 for the compressor would be perfect. Thanks.Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****