Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

Po173 and po173 with p at the end along with a d as well JA:

Customer Question

po173 and po173 with p at the end along with a d as well
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: nothing is really wrong with it. it runs fantastic. it smokes just a bit but other than that it runs great. but its the check engine light is on and those were the codes it gave me.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: code po173 and po173 with a pat the end on top and a d at the bottom
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Mitsubishi Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: heavens yes. cant afford to pay anyone anything to help me. and is this going to cost me for this information?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 6 months ago.
Hi,What sort of vehicle is this we are working on?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2000 mitsubishi montero sport
Expert:  Doug replied 6 months ago.
Thanks.Are you experiencing any significant drivability issues or just the light is set?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it runds great , it just smokes a little. so yeah the check engine lite is on. with code po173 and po173 with a p at the end on top a d on the bottpm
Expert:  Doug replied 6 months ago.
Thanks. The p/d you can disregard, those are just indicating pending/active/stored codes. The number is ***** is most important.Did anything noteworthy happen prior to this condition forming, for example any recent repairs/maintenance/etc?