Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I can not open the door on my outlander I have the key fob

Customer Question

I can not open the door on my outlander I have the key fob but door wont open
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: door wont open with my key fob
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes the car is on but door wont open
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: try the key fob and the actual key
JA: Is there anything else the Mitsubishi Mechanic should be aware of about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 7 months ago.
Hi,This is the full wireless system I take it?When you try to use the emergency key does the key turn but not unlock, or does it not turn either?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes it is. The key turns, but does not unlock.
Expert:  Doug replied 7 months ago.
Thanks.Unfortunately that is not too uncommon on these as this door/lock design is common for the lock rod to come out of position resulting in it not engaging the lock mechanism anymore.The bad news is that is the only "Easy" way in. Is the remote light flashing when you press the lock/unlock buttons?