peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Are you available at the moment JA: Thanks. Can you give

Customer Question

are you available at the moment
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ok, just checking. I have a 2000 Mirage, and reading the 1.8 stuff...on removing the evaporator...I got the thing out, but appears to really make it simple, you have to remove the dash to get it in, is there a trick to it that I am certainly missing. It was a struggle getting it out past the upper dash/console area
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: I know, been this route before, but if the information I get isn't helpful, I back to square one on this thing, and it may take a couple more hours, but I'll figure it out if I even remove the dash
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In some cases you can loosen the dash bolts and lift up on the dash itself to then remove it and replace it as needed.If this was already attempted with no success or is attempted and does not work let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete