Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

Ok my son started my car and left keys inside car is running

Customer Question

Ok my son started my car and left keys inside car is running but the doors are locked
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm basically locked out the keys are locked inside I have a 2007 outlander bur the car is running
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mitsubishi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Lou P. replied 8 months ago.
Hello, if the car is running that will be a little easier to access and unlock the doors, are any of the windows slightly open?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 8 months ago.
the only options areuse a wooden wedge like a door stop and press in to the top corner of the door frameonce door is slightly open use a hanger or long rod to press the unlock button on the door panelcall a tow truck or the police (yes the police) they can unlock doors for you call a locksmiththose are the options unless you can call your local dealer and have them make a key right away for you. i hope this helps and you get the door open. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.