Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I'm oren, how do I take the hubcap off? JA: Thanks. Can

Customer Question

hi i'm oren, how do I take the hubcap off?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have a 2010 lancer. i see the plastic cover is held on by a metal clasp. how do i take it off?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mitsubishi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 8 months ago.
Hi Oren, The hub cap on the Lancer should just pop off with either a tug at one of the spokes or prying behind it gently with a screw driver then pulling.This is the full wheel cover hub cap you are talking about, and not a small center cap right?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes. still not poping off what about the metal cord holding it on?
Expert:  Doug replied 8 months ago.
Are you talking about the large metal ring that goes around the perimeter of the back of the hub cap?
Expert:  Doug replied 8 months ago.
If you are, that is an expansion ring that just pushes outward on the plastic clips that wedge inside the wheel lip. If you are talking about something else, perhaps you can get a photo? I would suspect it is an aftermarket hub cap if it is anything else, as that is the only metal part of the genuine Mitsubishi hub caps.
Expert:  Doug replied 8 months ago.
If you need more help just let me know.
Expert:  Doug replied 7 months ago.
Hi,Was this ever resolved?