peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Can I install a 2.4 Mitsubishi motor from a Chrysler Sebring

Customer Question

Can I install a 2.4 Mitsubishi motor from a Chrysler Sebring coupe wit a automatic into a Dodge stratus coupe 2.4 manually transmission ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm thinking about installing a 2.4 g motor from a Chrysler Sebring coupe 2004 with a automatic tranny and put it in a Dodge stratus coupe 2003 wondering if the motor will fit?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mitsubishi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The motor itself will probably fit but the mounts may need changed as well as some engine wiring and the computer may need changed as well.You may have to swap over sensors and components from your engine onto this engine to make it work as well.Unfortunately I dont show an exact procedure on how this is done here to be exact but usually components like this will need swapped over. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete