Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

Pig tales & wire harness that go to fuel pump shorted out.looks

Customer Question

Pig tales & wire harness that go to fuel pump shorted out.looks like they were on fire
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: I believe so
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: It's a Mitsubishi galant 2002 v6
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 6 months ago.
Hi,It is extremely common for the fuel pump housing on this model to create a high resistance point where the connector from the harness plugs in across the housing to the bottom side. This results in deformation of the connector but more importantly eventually creates a voltage drop on the pump housing preventing pump operation eventually.What exactly is your question about this condition?