Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS and I've been having

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS and I've been having a couple issues with it. I got a brand new battery, replaced the starter and checked the alternator but the car turns and doesn't start. I can start it every once awhile but that's about it, what should I do from here?
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: The car starts once but when I turn it off it won't start again for an hour or so
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: Three weeks old
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No thank you, ***** ***** I can think of at the moment
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Doug replied 6 months ago.
Hi,When the engine is not starting, do you have spark while cranking?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where would I check for that? I only know a few things about it. I've only replaced the starter and got a new battery
Expert:  Doug replied 6 months ago.
You would need to pull a spark plug wire out, remove a spark plug, reattach the spark plug to the plug wire, then ground the body of the plug and crank the car and watch the plug to see if it sparks.If I understood correctly, the engine is cranking (rotating) fine when you turn the key to Start, it just rarely starts up... the starter and battery would be unrelated to these symptoms.