Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Mitsubishi Eclipse: 1991 mitsub 1.8 eclipes where do i test

Customer Question

1991 mitsub 1.8 eclipes where do i test the coil and or cam timing. This must have a built in coil in dis?. holo is not apparent to me im not able to see it
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confidentwe can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skilllevel. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies toget to satisfactory results. Please be patient!I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.If you have a distributor, then you don't have DIS. You never said what's wrong with the car yet, what's it doing or NOT doing?Thanks, Ron