Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

Mitsubishi Eclipse RS: I have a 1995 Mitsubishi eclipse

Customer Question

Hello I have a 1995 Mitsubishi eclipse and I have flashers but no turn signals I have ordered a new switch but the bulbs all appear to be fine and working
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 6 months ago.
Hi,When you engage the turn signals does the switch currently on the car operate normally? For example does it click into position in both directions, and does it cancel properly when you turn the wheel?If it locks into position normally, do the dash indicators light solid when this is done, or is there no change?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It doesn't do anything when pushed up or down. When you turn the key with the switch in normal position the right turn signal flashes but when pushed into the up position or down it cancels everything
Expert:  Doug replied 6 months ago.
Thanks.... just so I am understanding correctly, right turn works/flashes at all times even though the switch is in the neutral position, and when you move the switch either way it stops?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That is correct
Expert:  Doug replied 6 months ago.
Thanks.In this case you are right on the money with your assumptions about the switch... it is shot. What happens is there is a small trigger arm on the switch that engages/disengages operation with wheel motion, and when these break what happens is that internally the switch remains in the last position it was in when it failed. It can't cancel properly (internally), and when you motion the switch one way or the other it just cuts it because internally the circuit is open.Get that new switch you have coming in there and you will be all set.
Expert:  Doug replied 6 months ago.
If you need further help just let me know, I am here daily.