Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

Here. I have a 1999 Diamante That I Just replaced the

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. Dennis here. I have a 1999 Diamante That I Just replaced the steering rack in and having a problem with. When driving at highway speed the car will start swaying uncontrollably. Also note that that the TCL switch no longer operates. Have I missed something there?
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: The transmission, to my knowledge, is original. Have owned since 2001.
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: 245,000 miles and still going strong!
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Can't think of anything. Good talking with you. Have a good one!
JA: OK. Feel free to minimize me and read in peace. Just know I can connect you with the Mitsubishi Mechanic whenever you like.
Customer: Thanks again. Ready to talk with your mechanic whenever he's available.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 6 months ago.

When you replaced the rack did you get the front end realigned afterward and TCL/ABS zero-pointed? If the front end is not aligned you will get massive wandering from the vehicle and the TCL will not function as the zero point will be wrong and within a few seconds of driving the TCL will malfunction (implausible direction of wheel when compared to wheel speeds).

Expert:  Doug replied 6 months ago.

It looks like we've missed each other. If you need more help with this just let me know and I will get back with you as soon as I can.