Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

The speedometer is not reading on my 02mitzubishi diamante

Customer Question

the speedometer is not reading on my 02mitzubishi diamante tried replacing the vss but my transmission has a small plate bolted over the transmission port the where the diagram shows it going my can you tell me what i need to replace so the transmission will shift correctly again i already replaced input and output sensors on top of tranny
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 8 months ago.

On this model the output shaft speed sensor is what is used to determine vehicle speed for the speedometer.

It is important to note that you can not use aftermarket input/output speed sensors on this vehicle... they do not get along at all. If you did, you will need to get genuine Mitsubishi sensors from a dealer on there before the readings from either can be trusted.

Do you have access to a live data scan tool to see if the computer is reading the proper vehicle speed to begin with?

Expert:  Doug replied 8 months ago.

If you need further help just let me know.