Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

I lost the alarm clicker to my 2002 Mitsubishi eclipse

Customer Question

I lost the alarm clicker to my 2002 Mitsubishi eclipse spyder and I need to disconnect the alarm system I took out the fuses but I don't know which cord to disconnect
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i cant get my alarm system to shut off every time i start it up and i lost the remote for it so i need to know which chord i should unplug to disable it i was told its a big red chord in the fuse panel but I'm not sure
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately the alarm in this vehicle is fully integrated into the ETACS (like a body controller) and can not simply be removed or unplugged.

Is there a reason we can not get a new remote for the system rather than disabling the functionality?

Have you tried using the key in the drivers door or trunk to manually disarm the alarm (turn to unlock twice)?