Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I changed the battery in my 02 eclispe. I let it warm and

Customer Question

I changed the battery in my 02 eclispe. I let it warm for awhile and then tried to move it. When I give it gas it cuts off. I cleaned the MA and the IAF,throttle body, replaced pcv valve and still having trouble. Any ideas?
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Mitsubishi Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: New battery, pcv, cleaned maf,iaf, throttle body
JA: Is there anything else the Mitsubishi Mechanic should be aware of about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: It had sat for a female months before this
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

When you start the engine it runs fine at idle in park?

And when you place it into gear it continues to run normally, it just has a problem when you give it gas?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will start in park and continue to run as long as I have foot on the gas when I take it off the car dies
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

What is the idle speed in park?

If you turn the AC on, does the engine speed go up slightly then go back down, go down, or do nothing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does nothing
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

Please idle the car in Park, then steer the steering wheel way off to one side so that it loads up the pressure in the pump. Does the engine speed go up slightly or go down when the pump is loaded?