Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I have a 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander with the Rockford Fosgate

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander with the Rockford Fosgate system in it. I am not getting any sound out of my speakers. I have replaced the amp but nothing changed. Is there anything between the head unit and the amp that could possibly have gotten damaged? Or does the wiring go directly to the amp from the head unit without any sort of intermediary wiring harness or something to go through?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 8 months ago.

There isn't really anything to expect between the radio and amp, it is just wiring between them and no real excessive disconnects or anything like that.

When you turn the radio on, do you hear a thump from the speakers?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nope, just a strange wooshing sound from each of the speakers individually, then nothing. I came to you with this problem a while ago and still haven't had it resolved. Took it to an audio store, they said it was the amp, took it to Mitsubishi, they said the amp and wiring looked good, and that it was "probably" the head unit.I have access to a 2008 Outlander with the stock radio in it. I put my nav unit from my 2009 with the rockford system into the stock 2008, and the sound worked fine. I took the stock head unit from the 2008 and put it in my 2009, still the same wooshing sound and then no sound. I figured this meant the head unit was good, but I just tried to bypass the amp directly into a speaker I removed from the door, no sound at all not even faint sound which I would have expected.I bought the Outlander in Canada, and replaced the amp from a US junkyard, the serial matches perfectly, any chance that a Canadian head unit might have trouble communicating with a US market amp?
Expert:  Doug replied 8 months ago.

Ah I'm reading through the old one now, as I see it was never completed.

There is zero chance that there is a difference between the canadian and US amps... they are the same part for certain.

You do have power at the amp right, no fuse failures?

Expert:  Doug replied 8 months ago.

You mentioned also having access to a working vehicle... did you try swapping the known good amp?