Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC

My car has never had an external link, but now after taking

Customer Question

My car has never had an external link, but now after taking it to the shop and they replaced the engine cooling temperature sensor I have a significant antifreeze leak. What does this mean?
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My car has never over heated, and before the ect sensor was replaced I had it tuned up, a new starter put in, an new battery and battery cables. Yet the car still had a rough idle. So, I turned it back in and the mechanic is saying I need the mass air flow sensor replaced and that now my engine is building a lot of pressure. My car has always run cold and never had any leaks underneath. Now I it barely starts and has a rough idle (it stalls) and I have a an antifreeze leak underneath the car. Why would this happen? What caused the sudden leak?
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****.
I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

If the work was just done They probably left something loose, like a hose clamp, or you might have a hose leaking. I would take it back to them and have it checked and let them know it wasn't leaking before they worked on it.

It still could be possible that it had nothing to do with the work they did. Could just be a hose, gasket or water pump leaking due to the age of the vehicle.

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
Please take the time to leave feedback and Rate my service for my response to your question.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****