Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Unable to start Mitsubishi Outlander 2011. Completely dead.

Customer Question

Unable to start Mitsubishi Outlander 2011. Completely dead. Not a battery issue.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Mitsubishi Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: No lights no anything. We put metal key in backwards into the fob and it made a click, but now it won't even do that. Lights don't come on. Door locks do not work. The key will turn enough so that the steering wheel is unlocked.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. We are stuck in a parking lot.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: The driver got out, shut the door, and then opened it, it made beeping noise. But now it won't do that
JA: Is there anything else the Mitsubishi Mechanic should be aware of about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: It was working fine a few minutes ago. New battery put in January 2016.
JA: Our top Mitsubishi Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mitsubishi Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mitsubishi Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

I understand the battery is relatively new, but given the symptoms you have I still need to question its condition and connections.

Are we certain the cables are very tight on the battery and free of corrosion?

Can we hook up a charger or jumper cables temporarily to see what effect it has on the condition?