Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

Need a radio code but i do not have the VIN. I have the

Customer Question

Need a radio code but i do not have the VIN. I have the model number and the serial number
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am buying a radio to install in my car. A 1997 Mitsubishi eclipse GSX.It currently has a Sony after market radio. However, i prefer factoru radios. the car cam with a MR225577 radio.
JA: Is there anything else the Mitsubishi Mechanic should be aware of about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: NO
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 7 months ago.

Luckily Mitsubishi does not use the VIN for radio codes, only the model and serial number.

Please provide to me the model and serial number off the radio you need a code for and I can generate a code for you.