Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

The CD player in my 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander will not eject

Customer Question

The CD player in my 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander will not eject or accept CD's. I think something is wrong with the roller that moves the CD's in and out. Any thoughts on how I can fix it?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The CD raises up but but the roller just spins and the CD does not move.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I don't have a dealer or auto shop where I live.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: All I have managed to do is take the face off and watch the CD raise when I press eject and then watch as the roller spin and the CD stays put. I used a compressed air sprayer to try and remove dirt and dust. That is all so far.
JA: Is there anything else the Mitsubishi Mechanic should be aware of about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: No. This is the first issue I have had with the vehicle. No other problems.
JA: Our top Mitsubishi Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mitsubishi Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mitsubishi Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Apart from cleaning it like you have done unfortunately when this occurs there is nothing really else you can do from a DIY perspective that can correct the issue. There are a few problems that occur... typically it is the control board that fails however on occasion depending on the model we will see gear/belt issues as well. If you are seeing it spin but not move the disc then this is most likely.

The biggest problem here is that there are simply no service parts available for these anyway... you can't buy any internal bits.

If you want to get it fixed you would usually need to ship it out to a shop that specializes in these. Finding local low level repair shops is incredibly difficulty nowadays. I use H and R Radio Services in Pennsylvania. They take mail-in jobs and specialize in Mitsubishi radios. They do usually have a $250 minimum charge however.

For the most cost effective repair... unless this is a navigation model, your best bet is to just get a used radio that doesn't have any problems. They can regularly be sourced for $50-100.