Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Need code

Customer Question

need code for radio
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 9 months ago.

I can help you with this.
I am checking your serial number right now.

Expert:  Doug replied 9 months ago.

For serial number 95A12001 your unlock code will be

2508

To input the code your radio must display "codE" when turned on. If the radio displays "oFF" from too many incorrect codes, you will need to leave the key on and radio on for on hour; once the display goes blank you can turn the radio back on and "codE" will be restored.

With "codE" on the display, use preset buttons 1-4 to input the code. Each press of a preset increases the corresponding digit of the code by 1, starting with 0. So for your code of 2508 you would press:
Preset 1 three times

Preset 2 six times

Preset 3 one time

Preset 4 nine times

When finished your code should be displayed correctly as 2508, and you can then push the unlock button. The unlock button varies by radio but is always a "program" button, meaning either PROG, CD, AMFM or TAPE. There is no penalty for pushing the wrong one as long as your code is displayed correctly, so you can just try each one once. The radio will beep and turn on when it is pressed.

If you have any questions or run into any problems, just reply back here and we can continue as needed.

Expert:  Doug replied 9 months ago.

I noticed it had been 24 hours+ and I hadn't heard back from you. Please let me know if you need more help or if we can conclude this session.

Thanks!