Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I have a 2007 Eclipse and need to replace the door closer

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2007 Eclipse and need to replace the door closer guard. It has power windows on the door. I found 3 screws at the top of the door panel and also the screw behind the handle and the 2 bolts behind the pull. however, I cannot find anymore screws and I know there must be some.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 9 months ago.

Am I clear in understanding you are wanting to get the door panel off?

This is held on by one philips screw at the rear upper corner of the door, one philips screw and the front upper corner of the door, one philips screw inside the defrost duct near the front upper corner of the door, one philips screw behind the door release handle, and two 10mm bolts behind the door pull.
After removing all of these, the door release handle bezel needs to come off as well... it can be pried off of the rear edge of the handle to free it.
Once these are all removed, the door is just snapped on, you can insert a flat edge screw driver behind the bottom of the door panel and pull toward you to pry the panel and pop it free. Once loose, the panel can be lifted off the top channel on the door frame.

If you need further help or I misunderstood please just let me know and we can continue as necessary.

Expert:  Doug replied 9 months ago.

I am stepping out on break, but if you need more help just let me know and I will get with you upon my return.

Expert:  Doug replied 8 months ago.

I noticed it had been 24 hours+ and I hadn't heard back from you. Please let me know if you need more help or if we can conclude this session.

Thanks!