sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

Customer Question

Hey Doug, my name is ***** *****. I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS and my battery keeps going dead. I've replaced it twice and had my amp, alternator and starter checked, all read good. The new battery will work well for about a month, but after that it begins to die. Today I tried starting it, it turned over a couple of times then I heard a clicking sound then nothing. I opened the hood and there was another clicking sound coming from the engine fuse box. Need help!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS and my battery keeps going dead. I've replaced it twice and had my amp, alternator and starter checked, all read good. The new battery will work well for about a month, but after that it begins to die. Today I tried starting it, it turned over a couple of times then I heard a clicking sound then nothing. I opened the hood and there was another clicking sound coming from the engine fuse box. Need help!Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/mitsubishi/86e3p-mitsubishi-lancer-2009-lancer-battery-draining-night.html#ixzz4205nzFBn
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mitsubishi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the battery goes dead as the car sits then you have something drawing current while the car is parked and everything should be at rest, or possibly the issue could be with the batteries themselves depending on where they are coming from. I've seen quite a few issues with low end batteries for budget parts stores and places such as Rural King.

I assume the engine was cranking slow again and has now stopped cranking?