Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

How can I reprogram my key on my 2014 lancer my battery was

Customer Question

how can I reprogram my key on my 2014 lancer my battery was out for a few days now I'm not able to trun my car on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a metal key it opens doors but when i try turning my car on it wont start my remote works fin is just the key my car cranks but it just wont turn on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mitsubishi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

It is not possible to self-program these keys unless you already have two working keys to begin with. If you have less than two fully working keys a dealer scan tool is required to program them... there is no exception to this unfortunately.

What exactly was going on while the battery was unhooked for a few days? Were any changes made to the electrical system at all (radios etc)?