Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

My 2011 mitsubishi outlander has problems starting acts like

Customer Question

Hi I am Tex, my 2011 mitsubishi outlander has problems starting acts like the push button is going bad any way to check this thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The suv starts 95 % of the time seems to work after I let it sit for 15 or 20 mins
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mitsubishi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 9 months ago.

Hi Tex,

You mentioned a push button... is this an Outlander Sport model?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it is
Expert:  Doug replied 9 months ago.

Thanks Tex.

Please try these three checks to see if there is any change int he condition:

1) Hold the key right up against the push button and use the push button start and see if it is now more responsive;

2) Open the glove box and insert the key fob into the slot in the upper left corner of the glove box, then use the push button start and see if it is now more responsive;

3) If you have one available, try a second key (first key at least 5 feet away from the vehicle) and use the push button start and see if it is more responsive.

Let me know what you find.