Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

MITZUBISHI MONTERO SPORT 1997 I HAD THE OIL CHANGED AND ALL

Customer Question

MITZUBISHI MONTERO SPORT 1997 I HAD THE OIL CHANGED AND ALL SEALS RELACED AND SPARK PLUGS AND WIRES, AS SOON AS I PICKED MY CAR UP FROM THE MECHANIC, THE ENGINE NOW HAS A VERY LOUD KNOCKING OR CLICKING NOISE, THE MECHANIC STATES IT WAS NOTHING THEY DID AND IT COULD BE A CRANK OR WRIST PIN WHICH WOULD COST ME $2600.
COULD IT HAVE BEEN SOMETHING THAT THEY DID?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Roy replied 11 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

assuming there was no noise before the repair, I see why you question this. the most obvious thing I can think of is that they may have dropped something down into a spark plug hole during the repair. the only way to verify is to remove the heads and inspect. if you take it to another shop that has a boroscope, they could remove the plugs again and look into the cylinders and check.

Roy