Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

I Have a 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor AWD. I recently purchased

Customer Question

Hello I Have a 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor AWD. I recently purchased it. I bought new tires, had them balanced and rotated, I've gotten the oil changed and everything inspected. My check engine light is on and the codes that are showing up are P0171 P0174 & P0141 (I am not around my booklet with the codes but almost positive those are the ones. For Sure On P0171 & P0174) What happens is when I'm driving and get around 35/40 MPH right at 1500 RPM THE car starts to shudder. I seen another post with this question but it won't let me pull up the site. Just curious what y'all think it could be instead of spending hundreds at the mechanics. Also, my passenger side windsheild wiper does not work. The driver side, and back windshield works perfect, just the passenger. My email is***@******.*** or I'll be watching for your response on here. Thanks in advance!
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 9 months ago.

Hello, the P0171 and P0174 are both codes indicating a lean condition. This could be an issue of an air leak or a few other things, but the first thing would be to check if there is an air leak like a torn intake boot which is common. The P0141 is an issue with one of the oxygen sensors, but it should not cause the other codes, and it definitely would not cause a shudder. As far as the shudder around 35-40 it sounds like there is a balance issue with the driveshaft, or another issue like with the transfer case. The only way to tell would be to drive it on a lift and inspect the driveline. The wiper blade issue sounds like there is a bro***** *****nk. The motor usually drives the driver side and there is a link to the passenger side. Should be fairly easy to replace, just have to remove the cowl cover and you can get to it.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.