Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I have a 2000 Mitsubishi eclipse RES with 141 thousand plus

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Mitsubishi eclipse RES with 141 thousand plus miles the check engie light is on when I accelerate between the speeds of 50 and 60 it runs sluggish and has hesitation and doesn't pick up speed what could be my issue or the most common
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

one of the most common issues is a miss fire from plugs, wires breaking down. some times a simple tune up will resolve it. of course knowing the code would definitely help us. you can get it for free at a parts store.

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was also told it could be. the MAF. Sensor, injectors or something to do with fuel pump and fuel filter
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

it could but I would start with basics and the most common. the others you listed are not common for this issue

Roy