Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I have a small problem 2.4 03 eclipse limp mode stuck in3rd

Customer Question

Doug hi I have a small problem 2.4 03 eclipse limp mode stuck in3rd gear is there a way to reset it with out vag com car nicked and dime met to death or just by pass it don't care spend $18 if I can fix it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yeah had misfire 1st cyclinder changed coil motor ran fine still stuck in limp mode wish I could just do away with it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mitsubishi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 9 months ago.

Are you experiencing it going into limp mode instantly as soon as you start the car, or does it shift a few times then go to limp mode?
Is the N light flashing when this happens?

Expert:  Doug replied 9 months ago.

Also I noticed you had a concern over the neutral switch as well (which would be related to this concern)? Is there a particular reason you are looking into that, or just speculative at this point?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Soon as you start the f**king thing still getting misfire on 1 no injector system generic code 0201 I'm layed off and money tight also p1751 code bout ready to burn it arghh