Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner, 27 year Import technician
29331485

I have a 2007 4d56 diesel engine need to know how to align

Customer Question

hi I have a 2007 4d56 diesel engine need to know how to align the marks on the camshafts for proper timing
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: timing belt broke I have changed it and realigned as other posts say but not sure about the the double camshaft position marks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mitsubishi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi .

If the timing belt snapped when running then sadly you are going to have a few bent valve and broken rockers .

I suggest you remove the valve cover and inspect the valve train.

Attached is the timing set up for both belts .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.