Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I have a 2007 Mitsubishi Galant GTS with a 3.8 engine my 10

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2007 Mitsubishi Galant GTS with a 3.8 engine my 10 amp fuse inside keeps on blowing
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 11 months ago.

If it is the ignition fuse 10A (the one most common to blow out on this model) located in the dash fuse panel, this is indicating a faulty coil on the engine. To figure out which it is you would need to unplug all six coils and then reconnect them one at a time until the fuse no longer blows, indicating the faulty coil. I strongly recommend only replacing with genuine coils... even if it means used ones. Aftermarket coils are very common to cause the fuse to blow even brand new.

If this is a different fuse than the usual 10A ignition fuse that is blowing I would need to know exactly which fuse it is to analyze the possibilities.