Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I have a 2007 Mitsubishi Galant GTS with a 3.8 engine my 10

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2007 Mitsubishi Galant GTS with a 3.8 engine my 10 amp fuse inside keeps on blowing
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

If it is the ignition fuse 10A (the one most common to blow out on this model) located in the dash fuse panel, this is indicating a faulty coil on the engine. To figure out which it is you would need to unplug all six coils and then reconnect them one at a time until the fuse no longer blows, indicating the faulty coil. I strongly recommend only replacing with genuine coils... even if it means used ones. Aftermarket coils are very common to cause the fuse to blow even brand new.

If this is a different fuse than the usual 10A ignition fuse that is blowing I would need to know exactly which fuse it is to analyze the possibilities.