Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

My '14 Outlander gets a drained battery every couple of

Customer Question

My '14 Outlander gets a drained battery every couple of months for no apparent reason. Advance Auto ran an electrical system diagnostic and found nothing amiss. The battery easily takes a charge and is then fine until an episode. What could possibly cause these episodes, and where should I go for the fix?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 9 months ago.

What are the circumstances under which the battery is dying?
For example is it sitting any particular length of time when it happens, does it only get short drives for a few days before it happens? Is it only on particularly cold days?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
After no (*****) email response from you, we took it to a trusted mechanic and found out the battery had low CCA. Didn't even know about such a thing could happen. Got a new battery after all.
Then we saw the charge on our card. Not cool. We didn't know we needed to check back with this justanswer page after giving an email address, so nothing personal but I can't justify paying. Thank you anyway.
Expert:  Doug replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the confusion with the site. There should have been an email response as well, but sometimes things glitch etc.
I will put a refund request in for you.